March 17, 2014

Surviving Captain Trips

Well, I'll tell you what.  I had the plague.

And it was bad.  It was so bad that I was seriously looking out my window Saturday night waiting for Randall Flagg to appear (because you know I'd have to be on his side when it all hits the fan.)

Somebody brought the flu to my Grandma's funeral, and at last count no less than twenty of my relatives were violently ill over the weekend.  My kids have yet to show any symptoms, thankfully, so here's to keeping our fingers crossed that they avoided it.

Anyhow, with everything going on in the last couple of weeks, not to mention that the baby still isn't sleeping all too well, this month has been horrible for writing.

So without beating myself up over it, or making any excuses, or passing any blame, it's time to once again re-focus and get back on track.  St. Patty's day is always a big day for me, and there is never a better day to start fresh.

With only fourteen days left in the month, it's time to set some specific, tight, and reachable writing goals to hit before April 1.  Here they are, in order:

1. Finish final editing of the novel. I'm about half-way there and it doesn't need a lot of rewriting at the moment.

2. Submit three agent queries.  Ones that don't ask for a synopsis up front yet because (see below)

3. Write a compelling synopsis of the novel.  Actually write a long one and a short one, just to be safe.

And that's it.  After taking a couple of days off with the flu, I'll be back blogging every day as well.  So see ya tomorrow, and if the big one does still hit, I'll see ya in Vegas with all the other bad guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment