I just wanted to throw out a quick post today, mostly for therapeutic reasons, if anything.
We had Grandma's funeral today and rosary last night. It's just so crazy to think about what it would be like to be over a hundred years old. In the sermon, Father talked about everything she would have witnessed in the last century. Everything from World War I (as in ONE) all the way to GPS and the internet.
It's just so amazing to think that she lived through both September 11 & Pearl Harbor. That she could remember FDR, JFK, Watergate, Reagan, the moon landing, the Challenger, Vietnam, the Great Depression, and more popes than I could even attempt to name.
It makes me wonder how many things we live through now that history will consider huge world-changing events that we just consider "the news."
I'm from generation that was there for the internet's coming out party of the middle '90's. Someday my kids and grand kids will be asking me what life was like before the internet. When phones were plugged into walls and we only had three channels to watch plus PBS. I feel like we like we should all be keeping diaries to remember this stuff, but now we have facebook to do that for us.
I know this is all kind of random. Funerals mess with my head, I guess. In the end, it was a nice day and great to see my family, but of course it was hard. Saying goodbye always is.
So I guess that's it. I'll be back with a Five Links Friday post tomorrow and try to get back to the novel in the next couple of days after my head clears up. Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment