March was an interesting month. It wasn't as productive as I hoped, but sometimes the real world gets in the way of writing. Here's what I did get done:
From the novel front, I entered the NaNoWriMo Pitchapalooza, which is a contest that can score you a free query critique or even an introduction to an agent. I wasn't one of the lucky (randomly selected) 25 picks, but that's totally okay. It was nice to see yet one more opportunity arise.
I did get my query letter to the point where I'm no longer embarrassed by it and I met my initial goal of sending out three letters. Of those three, one responded with a form letter and the other two remain pending. My synopsis, is still a mess, but I'll get it finished in the coming month. I'm about half way through a final final final final revision, but that doesn't really affect the querying process since the current version is perfectly acceptable if I'd score a full request.
For short stories, I wrote no new stories since I was working on other stuff. Two new short stories hit print, and one was reprinted in a collected volume. I made eight submissions for unpublished or reprinted short stories, receiving one new acceptance, one personal rejection, and five form rejections. There were also three previous submissions that I finally gave up waiting on an marked as "no response." I received one form rejection for a non-fiction essay as well.
Counting this post, I made 29 blog posts, missing only a day for my Grandma's funeral and a day for the flu. Pretty close to my goal of blogging ever day.
I also finally set up my Amazon Author Site.
I think that covers everything. Like I said last month, I'm posting this mostly to keep myself motivated by tracking my progress in a public place and also, if you're an aspiring writing such as myself, it might help to see we're all going through the same thing.
I'll be back tomorrow with my writing goals for April.
No comments:
Post a Comment