June 26, 2014

Quickie Book Review: Zero to Breakthrough: The 7-Step, Battle-Tested Method for Accomplishing Goals that Matter

Zero to Breakthrough: The 7-Step, Battle-Tested Method for Accomplishing Goals that Matter by Vernice "Flygirl" Armour

I took a chance with this one after reading the bio blurb of the author. This gal has literally done it all and I figured her story would make a great book on success.

The Good: Well, her heart is in the right place.  She tells some really interesting war stories and tries to be as motivational and inspirational as possible.  Her seven step plan on identifying and accomplishing goals is the heart of the book, but these steps are often vague and glossed over.


The Bad: It might not be fair for me to consider any of this as "bad" because I misjudged the book before I read it.  I assumed it would be a "success" book along the lines of Brian Tracy, but it's actually more of a self-help book. It's fine for what it is, but that's not really my thing.

Closing: If you're looking for a good self-help book, give it a try.  But if you want something with a little more "meat" I'd say skip over this and head to the Brian Tracy, Jim Rohn, or Zig Ziglar section of the store.  She does tell a couple of good war stories though.


No comments:

Post a Comment