April 30, 2014

April Progress Report

Hey I'm back after missing a couple of days posting due to some travel for work. I had a good time though and learned enough to justify the trip.

So here's my writing progress report for April.  I like to through out the disclaimer that I post this mostly to track my progress and hold myself accountable to reaching the goals I set for the month.

In April, I sent sent out three short story submissions.  None of them were new stories, so I missed the mark on finishing a new one for the month.  I've got a couple that are almost ready, so we'll see how May looks.

I had responses on six submissions, with one acceptance (a reprint of "Fresh Dirt" to be published in May), two personal rejections, and three form rejections.

I sent out four agent queries (one per week) and received no responses, which is pretty normal as a lot of agents only respond to email queries if they want to see a manuscript.

On the blog front, I made 27 posts (including this one), which is almost once per day, so I just barely missed that goal.

And that's it.  I'll be back tomorrow with my writing goals for May.  Have a great month and keep writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment