Some of these are works that I'm stuck on, others are ones that need some revisions (major or minor) before I can sent them off, and others are projects I haven't even started yet.
Novels:
- One novel is "finished" and I'm currently querying agents, although I'm working on another final clean-up of it just to be sure it's as good as it can get.
- I've got a early draft completed of my second novel, but it still needs a lot of work before it's ready to query. It's a little too short for its genre and needs a lot more detail and depth added. I'm happy with the overall storyline and characters, so most of the work needed is in the prose and not the plot.
- There's a third novel in my head that I can't wait to start on. It will be a fun project, but I haven't decided when I want to start. I might work on it before finishing the second novel. Who knows?
Novellas:
- I have one unfinished short story that is too long to submit to most publishers and still needs a lot of work. It goes all over the place and still has no ending. I was originally hoping to cut it down and tighten it up, but now I'm leaning more towards fleshing things out and expanding it to novella size.
- There's another short story I have that is only 3000 words long that I haven't been able to publish yet. I really like the story and feel like it's got so much more to give. I think that if it doesn't get picked up soon, I'm going to pull it out of the short story pile and dig into its universe to expand it to novella size.
Short stories:
- At this moment, I've only got six finished and unpublished short stories. That includes the one I mention above that I might turn into a novella and one other one that I should probably pull out of the submission pile and work on revising.
- I've got seven other short stories that are in various stages of writing; some almost ready and others that are only a few paragraph in.
- I've also got another seven that I pulled out of the works in progress folder and moved to the "abandoned" folder, at least for the time being.
- There is also one story I have in my head that I haven't started, but plan to write and submit this month for a specific anthology that closes on April 30.
And that's it. I have no idea how that stacks up against other newbie writers, but that's what I'm working on. I'd be curious to find out what other writers have in their WIP list, so drop me an email or leave a comment if you'd like to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment