Back with some (mostly) writing related links worth sharing.
1. Dealing with writer's block? Allen Taylor has some advice on How To End Writer’s Block In 5 Minutes.
2. I'm going to hit the queries again in the next month or so, just as soon as I finish this current revision. Query letters are difficult, and I'm assuming mine still needs some work (otherwise I'd have an agent by now, lol.) Anyhow, here's an article from Writer's Digest with tips on how to write the bio section of your query letter.
3. Moving onto reading instead of writing, check out this link from Buzzfeed on 16 Books To Read Before They Hit Theaters This Year. I've got to say, some of those look pretty good, but a few of them look like stinkers as well.
4. Tor.com takes a look at one of my favorite authors, Clive Barker, and what he's been up to lately: Inspiration, Interrupted: Chiliad: A Meditation by Clive Barker
5. And finally, here's an article by Bruce Van Horn that I want you to read over, think about all weekend, and then take what you learned back with you to work on Monday. Seriously. He asks, "Would you hire you to do the job you do right now?" What a sobering thought. Give it a look.
So that's all for now. Stay warm and have a great weekend. I also wanted to mention that I've got a new short story coming out on Monday, so check back then for the info on that. See ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment