October 13, 2014

Site update and looking ahead

We're going to go through some big changes here in the coming months, so I thought I'd give a little update on where things stand and where I see them going.

Basically, I've been blogging here fairly regularly for over two years now. I've got a lot of ideas of where I'd like to take this blog, but I'm looking to do a little re-branding. Later this year, I'll be launching a new site. I know... anything to put off revising my novels, right?

I'm not going to go into too many specifics at this point, but I've already purchased the domain and have started the planning process. In some ways, the new site will be what I originally envisioned with this blog and a majority of the content and concepts here will me moving to the new site.

So what will become of this site? At the present, I'll be switching hosts and platforms and moving jasonbougger.com to more of a traditional author site.  A blog presence will remain, but the content will be a little more random. I'll continue to post Quickie Book/Movie reviews here, and will still write about my own writing goals and that sort of thing from time to time, as well more personal stuff. I love the Five Links Friday concept, and that will either stay here or move to the new site, pending on which direction I take things, I suppose.

Throughout everything, Theme of Absence will remain live and open to submissions. I'll be moving the author interviews there, probably beginning this week. I'm hoping to redesign the look of that site early next year after everything else is in place.

In the meantime, this site is not going away.  The tentative plan is to close out October with another Halloween Quickie Movie review series of posts beginning October 20.  I won't give it away :) but I think you might be able to find a couple of clues lying around to hint at which series I'll be reviewing.

Starting in November I'll get this site moved to the new platform and then start advertising the new site, which I'm hoping will be ready to go live before the first of the year.  Although, if I opt out of NaNoWriMo that might get moved up a month.

So there you have it.  Stick around, we've got some awesome big things on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment