Today was an interesting day.
Our baby hasn't slept through the night in a long time. I think this is mostly because she's still in our room. She's a pretty light sleeper and if I stay up late writing, I wake her up when I go to bed.
I'm also a weird sleeper. I need the right position, the right amount of clothing, and the right amount of blankets (in the right place) before I can fall asleep. Once I get there, I'm out immediately, but sometimes that can take a half hour. After I get up to go to the bathroom, which happens far to often, I have to do it all over again.
In other words, my constant tossing, turning, and walking around wakes up the baby and then we're all screwed.
It sucks, but come on, how could you not love a face like this:
So anyhow, we finally decided to move out of our (her) room today. This meant first moving everything in the computer room/library down to the basement. That was hard enough, but then came moving everything from our bedroom down to what was previously the computer room, including a king-size bed that didn't want to squeeze through hallways or around corners very well.
After everything got done, I fell to the floor and whined and cried about my back while my wife gave the kids baths. We set up the baby monitor and put them to bed.
And that brings us to the baby monitor.
Let me share with you a little secret: I'm scared to death of baby monitors. If you've seen Insidious, you'd understand. That reminds me, I'm still putting off the sequel to that one. Now that I have to do all my writing in the basement in the middle of the night, I might not ever watch that one. It is, after all, common knowledge that most, if not all, basements are haunted.
So what I was going to do tonight was work on a new horror short story. I found this really cool list, 20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horror Stories That Will Keep You Up At Night and was going to use it for writing prompts/inspiration. But then I read them and got freaked out.
So now I'm going to go to bed and hope I don't have nightmares about Number 8 on that list...
No comments:
Post a Comment