If there's one thing anyone knows about me, it's that I love Halloween and I love just love the month of October in general. The weather, the horror movies, even the college football (although I usually stop paying attention to that after Nebraska loses their first game of the season.)
So to celebrate the great month, I'm going to post five links to websites where you can read free horror stories.
1. Nightmare Magazine is an online horror and dark fantasy magazine. In Nightmare’s
pages, you will find all kinds of horror fiction, from zombie stories
and haunted house tales, to visceral psychological horror.
2. The Horror Zine is a monthly e-zine that produces new issues the first of every month and anthology books that contain the creations
of contributors.
3. Black Treacle is a free magazine of Horror, Dark Fantasy, and
Speculative fiction. Published on a bimonthly schedule, each issue
includes 4-5 pieces of original short fiction.
4. Circus of the Damned "A small publishing firm for people in hell." 'Nuff said.
5. Dark Fire Fiction is a webzine for horror readers and writers, with new stories published on a rolling basis.
And there you have it. Check out some of the great material on these free sites. Enjoy the month, and no matter what you do, don't tell Bo Pelini about the "fair weather" attitude I alluded to above...
No comments:
Post a Comment