Well here I am still trying to catch up with life. I did manage to make a lot of progress in the writing world in the last few weeks, but more on that later. For now, here are five articles I read this week.
1. If you're a new writer, there's plenty of good advice out there. There's also plenty of bad advice. Here are the 4 Worst Pieces Of Advice For Young Writers from polymic.com
2. Having trouble with infodumps? Aren't we all. J.E. Tankersley has an article about it here: Let’s talk about dumping…
3. And opening sentences? Stephen King shares some of his thoughts in this article in The Atlantic: Why Stephen King Spends 'Months and Even Years' Writing Opening Sentences
4. Here's an article from Charlie Jane Anders looking at the 7 Deadly Sins of Worldbuilding.
5. And finally, for those of us searching for an agent, check out this post by Chuck Sambuchino at thewritelife.com: What Does a Literary Agent Want to See When They Google You?
And that's all. Hope you enjoy; have a great weekend. And wish me luck with my editing :)
No comments:
Post a Comment