June 7, 2013

Five Links Friday 6/7/13

I'm going to try something new here. Every Friday I'll post five links to online short stories and blog posts I read during the week about writing and success.

So without further adieu, here's the debut of Five Links Friday.

1. "Nuclear Family" by Alex Shvartsman.  Here's a great piece of flash fiction published online in Kasma Science Fiction Magazine.  If you're not familiar with flash, this story is a perfect example of how to do it correctly.

2. "Uncle Bones" by Damien Broderick.  This was published in an issue of Asimov's Science Fiction a few years ago.  I just read it this week, but it was a fun story.  You can read the first few pages online and purchase the back-issue if you like what you see.

3. Printed Books Rule Like Never Before from Ksenia Anske's blog.  A good post looking at why print books will survive in world of electronic publishing.

4. Writers: Making a Living Off of Kindle? by Jeff Rivera at mediabistro.com.  This post is a couple of years old, but worth a look.

5.How I Finally Faced My Weight & Debt Problems by Leo Babauta at Zen Habits.  Here's a good look at overcoming obstacles and just cleaning up your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment